AMX Mouse (Type 2)
[Index by function ] [Index by Company ]
AMX Mouse (Type 2) (top)
AMX Mouse (Type 2) (bottom)
AMX Mouse (Type 2) inside top
AMX Mouse (Type 2) with top cover removed
AMX Mouse (Type 2) inside
The AMX Mouse (Type 2) is almost identical to the Acorn Archimedes Mouse and unlike the Type 1 AMX Mouse, I have seen it in an advertisement for the AMX Mouse for the Electron. It is a 3 button mouse, which connects to the user port. The serial no. is 130137.
The pictures show:
- The top of the mouse and the red 3 buttons.
- The bottom of the mouse, the ball can be removed by undoing the screw in the middle so that the ball and rollers can be cleaned also visible are the 4 round plastic pads which the mouse slides on.
- The inside of the top cover showing how the buttons are attached.
- The mouse with the cover removed showing the 3 switches at the top which detect when a button is pressed,
- The insides of the mouse showing the ball, the horizontal and vertical rollers atached to the perforated wheels, the sprung roller which maintains pressure on the ball, the 2 sets of sensors on the larger circuit board which detect the movement of the perforated wheels and the termination of the mouse cable.