[Index by function] [Index by Company ]
Yellowstone RapIDE32 (top)
Yellowstone RapIDE (back)
Yellowstone RapIDE (bottom)
RapIDE32 Features include:
- Up to 400% performance compared with RISC PC IDE controller.
- ATA-2 compatible, including enhanced PIO modes 3 & 4. Compatible with all drives and data transfer rates of up to 16.67Mb/s. Supports FOUR drives (ATA/ATA-2/ATAPI) in any mix as 2x master and 2x slave.
- RapIDE 32 is a DEB1 expansion card achieving data rates of up to 8Mb/s, using a unique custom designed intelligent hardware controller. In use, transfer rates of typically 5Mb/s are achievable from any expansion slot when used with fast devices such as Quantum Fireball.
- The existing RISC PC IDE port can still be used (under ADFS).
- Enhanced ATAPS filing system using block mode transfers.
- New File Core supported.
- Flash memory device for easy firmware updates. Intelligent Hardware
- Syquest and Removable Media Support - allowing these drives to be used on RapIDE32 making backup easier.
- Partitioning- up to 8 logical drives can be used on the RapIDE32. This has the advantage of allowing users of Risc OS3.5 to partition a large drive into 512Mb sectors and also keeping the file allocation unit of a large drive down, wasting less space.
- Desktop Configuration- using the Rapier programme, allowing the user to control the application of RapIDE32 from the desktop.
The software drives automatically setup the hardware access speed according to the information provided by each IDE device. If you have a fast Hard Drive and a slow CD-ROM, the Hard Drive does not have to work at the lower speed. Compare this with the RISC PC motherboard IDE controller that always uses the slowest access speed.
Data from the IDE device is transferred in 32-bit words, twice as wide as the motherboard controller. Not only does this double the transfer rate, but the software involved to convert the native 32-bit data to 16-bit is eliminated. The use of 32-bit access achieves over a 100% performance improvement.