The Serial Port PCATS Graphics Enhancer
[Index by function ] [Index by Company ]
The Serial Port PCATS Graphics Enhancer (top)
The Serial Port PCATS Graphics Enhancer (back)
The Serial Port PCATS Graphics Enhancer (bottom)
The PCATS Graphics Enhancer, designed and manufactured by P.C.Arnold Technical Services and marketed by The Serial Port, is an expansion card for the Archimedes range of microcomputers and the A3000. The enhancements provided are:
- 24 bit palette giving 256 colours on screen, selectable from 16 million colours. This enables modes with resolutions of up to 768x288 on a standard monitor and 832 x328, 512 x512 640 x 480 and others on a multisync monitor. These modes all work correctly with the RISC OS Desktop and applications.
- 12bpp direct DAC modes giving 4096 simultaneous colours at resolutions up to 512 x 288 on a standard monitor and up to 554 x 328 on a multisync monitor. These modes are not Desktop compatible.
- 16bpp direct DAC modes giving 65536 simultaneous colours at resolutions of up to 384 x 288 on a standard monitor and up to 416 x 328 on a multisync monitor. These modes are not Desktop compatible.
- Upto 7 VIDC clocks, selectable by software or *command. The VIDC has a specified maximum clock of 36MHz but can often be overclocked to 40 MHz or even 48 MHz.
- The ability to produce new modes using the Mode Description Language supplied with the Graphics Enhancer.
Here is The Serial Port PCATS Graphic Enhancer (release 1.00) manual.
Here is an updated Installation Guide for the PCATS Graphics Enhancer .
Here is The Serial Port PCATS Graphics Enhancer Utilities Disc .